Speaking on Tuesday, January 21, the outspoken preacher addressed growing concern among his followers after photos surfaced on social media allegedly showing an excavator tearing down a building said to belong to his church.
Ng’ang’a said he had received numerous phone calls and messages from sympathisers who believed the church had already been brought down.
“I have been receiving calls and texts from people telling me to take heart because my church is being demolished. Let me be very clear—no church has been demolished,” Ng’ang’a said.
The preacher appeared unbothered by the possibility of future demolitions, stating that even if authorities were to target the structure, he would not be shaken.
“Even if there are demolitions, they will not touch my church. And even if they do, I will not be devastated. I cannot defend God,” he added.
Ng’ang’a also addressed the long-running dispute over ownership of the land on which the church sits, insisting that the property was legally acquired.
“The Neno Evangelism Centre structure was bought from the Central Bank of Kenya. Kenya Railways and the Central Bank should sort out their issues. If they stole from each other, that has nothing to do with me,” he said.
His clarification followed the circulation of images on January 20 showing what appeared to be a building under demolition as a crowd watched from a distance. The images were accompanied by claims that government agencies had moved in to demolish the church to pave way for railway line construction.
However, Nairobi Leo’s verification established that the images circulating online were generated using artificial intelligence and did not depict an actual demolition of Ng’ang’a’s church.
The incident has reignited public debate around the ownership of land along railway corridors in Nairobi, where several structures have recently been demolished as part of a government crackdown on illegal developments.
Ng’ang’a has for years been embroiled in a dispute with Kenya Railways over the parcel of land on which Neno Evangelism Centre stands. The corporation maintains that the land belongs to it, while the preacher has consistently denied the claim, insisting he legally acquired the property.
The latest controversy comes amid heightened enforcement efforts targeting buildings allegedly erected on Kenya Railways land across the capital.
On the night of January 14, authorities demolished a car wash linked to Kiambu Governor Kimani Wamatangi, an action that sparked public debate and political reactions over land ownership and enforcement procedures.
Ng’ang’a’s church has previously attracted scrutiny from politicians and government agencies, with some leaders calling for action against him over remarks he has made in the past.
Despite the renewed attention, the preacher maintained a defiant stance, dismissing online speculation and urging the public not to be misled by unverified content.
“This is the era of propaganda and fake images. People should confirm facts before spreading fear,” he said.
0 Comments